Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Running Progress

Since I last penciled the previous post regarding my inherent distaste for the sport of running, there have been some pretty remarkable changes in my attitude. I signed up for the Vancouver Lake Half Marathon taking place in January 2008. And to avoid looking like a fool in January, I've been attending the beginner running sessions 3-4 days a week. We are now up to 100 minutes on our long days, and really, it's not so bad. I even completed the 8.3mi Turkey Trot last week!

I've been struggling with some fatigue and hip/knee pain issues, but am trying to deal with them logically rather than giving up. The group has been insanely supportive and I find myself looking forward to the morning run as I set my alarm at bedtime. For the first time in my life I've burned through a pair of running shoes and will be buying a new pair this weekend. I have even been scanning websites for upcoming races that sound fun. Huh? Fun? Oh yeah, I think I may be getting into this whole running thing. Just don't tell anyone, because I'm not quite ready to give up the title of "biggest complainer" on the runs. :-)

No comments: