It's been awhile since I've updated the blog -- the holidays and all... Here's a list of what I've been up to in December:
- The new shoes did wonders for the right knee/hip pain I was having. Unfortunately that has been replaced with ITB issues on the left side.
- My new HR monitor rules! I'm not yet a good judge of my perceived exertion, so looking at my wrist to see if I need to slow down or turn on the juice has been helpful. I haven't quite figured out how to play with the pretty graphs and stuff though.
- Our long runs on Fridays have increased to 120 minutes. I'm running an 11-12 minute pace (if I'm feeling healthy), so this should translate to about 10miles. Last week I only made it about 9, but I was proud of that.
- The two most excrutiating run-related workouts have been 1) hill repeats up Dahlia (a 31% grade if you don't know of it) and 2) the 2mile fast-pace run. I hit well over my max HR that day.
- I haven't been swimming as much as I like, nor spinning as much as I like, nor lifting as much as I like. But darn it, I'm getting my runs in. And that's the point for off-season, right?
- I have, however, enjoyed a few token mornings of sleeping in, a mini-vacation with my sweetie pie, and way too many Christmas treats. I may be up several more pounds than I'm happy with, but I'll have fun working it off in January!
Ken and I on the way out from Clear Lake Lookout Tower:
Ken and I before heading to the Nutcracker: