My goals for the day (in order):
And looking ahead:
- My winter project is going to be slimming down. Sadly, it didn't happen during IM training. The insane appetite, the stress on the body, and all of the sugar intake made it incredibly difficult. I am planning on a winter maintenance program for the swim/bike/run, but will change up the routine, set a strict nutrition plan, and focus on eliminating certain stresses and triggers from my life.
- My other winter project is to find more balance. Spend more time with Ken and my friends. Do activities that don't revolve around the pool, my bike, or my running shoes. I foresee lots of snowshoeing in my future! Maybe take up yoga. Definitely more strength workouts.
- When tri season starts approaching, I'm going to focus on speed and short course stuff. Nothing longer than one or two 70.3 distances (minus the marathon in May). But mostly even shorter than that.
The first half of the year:
- Jan -- Vancouver Lake Half Marathon
- Feb -- nothing scheduled (study, train)
- Mar -- nothing scheduled (study, train)
- Apr -- Professional Engineering exam, Beaver Freezer?
- May -- Eugene marathon, honeymoon?
- Jun -- volunteer at IMCdA and sign up for 2011, Blue Lake Sprint (the 2nd annual showdown with Dingo Dave)
- Jul -- Vineman 70.3
And now if you'll excuse me, I must get back to checking and rechecking the weather forecasts and see if bib numbers are out yet. I love my F5 button!