Saturday, June 25, 2011

IMCdA Race Week - Saturday

Please forgive the short post.  It's almost 10pm on race day eve, I'm a twittered bundle of nerves, and I just took an ambien.  I'll try doing this in time format.

4am - Awake but back to sleep
4:30am - Awake but back to sleep
5am - Awake but back to sleep
6am - Okay, I'll get up.  Breakfast of coffee, eggs, strawberries.  Organized gear bags for check-in.
8:30am - Head to the lake with Ken and JoshyPoo for a practice swim, and Joshy's volunteer meeting.  The water was even colder than yesterday.  It seems to be bouncing between 53 and 55 degrees.  After about 5 minutes my face goes numb and I forget about it.  But those first 5 minutes - POW, it takes the breath outta ya!
9:30am - Back to the house to give my bike a make-over and finish getting gear bags ready to be dropped off.
10am - One last practice ride along the lake towards Higgins Point.  The wind was blowing pretty hard out there today!  I think the winds are here to stay for the weekend.
12pm - Bike check-in...
...and gear bag check-in, one last pass through the merchandise tent, and then back home for the day.
1pm - Regroup the troops after everyone's various volunteer meetings, lunch, and board games.
2:30pm - The fabulous Kristin came over for some mellow girl time.  She's the one who drove from PDX to Tempe with me for IMAZ in 2009.  This year she didn't have to drive quite as far, and I'm so happy I'll get to see her out on the course tomorrow!
5:30pm - Board games, dinner, board games, dessert, board games.
8pm - Popped an ambien, finished playing games with the fam, and mosied off to bed.

Up Next: IRONMAN DAY!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck, you've got this!!!

Ara said...

Thinking of you today as you're putting your all out there & racing at IMCdA! Can't waiit to read how it went.