Sunday, July 5, 2009

The "Base Phase" is over. I don't necessarily feel like I've laid much of a base, but it is what it is. Can't turn back the clock. I've always wanted a time machine, but that's not really relevant here. Tomorrow starts the 10-week "Build Phase". As previously discussed, I'm only looking ahead one week. Here is the plan for Week 11. I am now including approximate time of day for each workout for anyone who is wanting to join me for something. You are all angels, by the way.

Monday: rest

Tuesday:
Run, morning - 1:00 Z2 (at 0:10, insert 5 x 1min PU @ 1min jog)
Swim, evening - masters swim (plan calls for 3000 meters)

Wednesday:
Bike, morning - 0:45 Z2
Run, morning - quick transition from the bike, 0:30 Z2

Thursday:
Swim, before work - 3000 meters
Bike - VBC Time Trial at Port of Vancouver (sign-in at 6pm, riders off at 6:30pm)

Friday: I have no idea how to get this in...my Mom is in town and we have a couple of appointments after I get off work...
Swim - 3000 meters
Run - 1:00 Z2 (at 0:45, insert 5 x 1min PU @ 1min jog)

Saturday:
Bike, early morning - 2:30 Z2 (probably to Troutdale and back)
Run, early morning - quick transition from bike, 0:15 Z2

Sunday:
Bike, early morning - 0:30 Z1 (100+ rpm)
Run, early morning - 1:15 Z1-Z2

Total = 12:00 hours (3hr swim, 5hr bike, 4hr run)

No comments: