1) The Hardrock 100 Endurance Run took place this weekend. 100 miles. Almost 34,000 feet of climbing. Average elevation of over 11,000 feet. I doubt I'll ever line up at the start up this one, but I would love to be in good enough shape to meet the minimum qualifications someday.
2) I had a lot of yesterdays like this.
3) Have you heard of Diana Nyad? She has twice attempted to swim from Cuba to Florida. That's 100 miles of swimming. At once. I barely covered that distance last year over the course of the entire year. She will be making a 3rd attempt sometime in the near future. I should also mention that she's 62 years old. You can follow here blog here.
4) Get thyself to the gym. It can't be any worse than this:
5) Local Portland peeps - Chrissie Wellington will be in town at the end of August. Head on over to Athletes Lounge for a meet & greet with Chrissie. I wonder if she'll sign my pregnant belly? More details here.