Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Taper Week 1: Obligatory Weekly Update

Bear with me here.  I just finished the first week of taper.  I feel like crud.  My legs won't work.  My arms are heavy.  I feel like sleeping all day, and then I spend all night staring at the ceiling.  I'm grumpy and nervous and anxious and bitchy.  And PMSing, which is like some sort of cruel joke to have to deal with PMS during taper.  Taper is already like PMS.  So maybe it's actually fitting.  Coach Liz assures me I'll feel better by the end of this week.

The plan for the week was around 13 hours of training.  What I ended up with:
Swim - 5700 meters
Bike - 80.85 miles
Run - 18.76 miles
Transitions - 0.11 hours
Total = 11.06 hours

I honestly don't know where the week went, so I have no super exciting shares for the internet peoplez in this post.  Oh, I raced.  That's it I think.  It's time to cue up the hypnotherapy sessions on the ipod, recite my positive affirmations, and focus my energy on packing lists and organizing kitchen cupboards.  Less than 2 weeks until show time!

No comments: