Monday, November 2, 2009

Taper - Week 1 of 3

It's difficult to believe that taper is here already, and all of the hard work (save for race day) is behind me. Lots of emotions right now. Simultaneously, I feel ready to race, yet horribly undertrained. Exhausted and beat down, but still excited and eager to get to Arizona. Thankful to have some relief from the long training hours, however, somewhat sad because all of that exercise is what keeps my mind sane. I'm preparing for one hell of an OCD fit.

My plan for the week:
Monday - rest
Tuesday - swim 1hr, run 45min (at 0:10, insert 3 x 6min Z4 @ 2min jog)
Wednesday - swim 1hr, bike 45min, brick run 30min
Thursday - bike 1hr (at 0:40, insert 15min Z4)
Friday - swim 1hr, run 1hr (at 0:40, insert 10min Z4)
Saturday - bike 4hr, run 30min
Sunday - run 2hr...and a 1hr bike but it will be in the shop for a tune-up
Total = 13:30

Over the next several weeks, I will be posting my wandering thoughts, my goals for race day, and the fun things I find to do in my new spare time. I'm going to start with a relaxing evening on the couch with my husband. :-)

No comments: