Sunday, October 18, 2009

Have Theraflu, Will Train

My master plan for the week didn't work out so well. No suprise there. BUT, my fever is finally staying below 100. Without drugs. AND, my waking hours have surpassed my sleeping hours. I even brushed my teeth and showered today. You may snicker, but after what I've been fighting the last few days, simple tasks seem almost like I conquered the world. So what did I manage this weekend on the training front? I mustered a 30min walk on Saturday solely to get out of the house and breathe some fresh air. Today I showed up for swim lessons and did an hour of drills. Coach Bake took it easy on me but promised to get me back in swimming shape for AZ.

I don't know how this week is going to turn out, but hopefully by the weekend I'll be back in the game. I've read the following blurb a few times and find it fitting right now. I don't know the author, but if someone else does, I'll give them due credit.

Racing is a privilege, not an obligation or chore. All negative thoughts about failing should pale in comparison to the opportunity to be at the starting line. Worry less about the outcome and focus on having fun, no matter your race level. Enjoy this moment in life when you're at this level of fitness and among this group of peers participating in an amazing event. You will find that by living in that moment, you will perform at your best.

No comments: